Monday, August 01, 2005

Riding in the Jungle heat

Last couple of weeks has been hot, hot, hot. Since Todd’s wedding on July 8th I’ve put in some good weekends of riding. The biggest change this year has been longer road rides. The past two weekends I’ve done 120km (about 4hrs) + 2.5hrs of mtb on the following day. I’m trying to focus more on building endurance, over the course of August I’m going to increase the threshold workouts and look to extend the threshold time. My obvious goal is to be able to hold at 172 to 174 for 2hrs. I hoping the training during the summer should set me up nicely for the last couple of O-Cups.

Today we rode up in Albion, it was about 34 degrees. When we started at 9:30am there was a lot of steam in the woods, it was like being in rain forest. It didn't take long to have sweat pouring out of every gland in my body. At about 1hr 30mins I started to do 10-15min threshold bursts. What a great feeling when I open it up like that, focusing on flow and momentum. It's amazing how fast you can keep the pace when you focus on turning a slighty bigger gear.

I have to say that I'm really enjoying riding lately (although I can't remember when I haven't ;) I'm really looking forward to Hot August Nghts, coming up soon!!!

Anyway, all for now, I’ll post again soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home